The Margi’s prime location on the stunning peninsula of Athens Riviera, allows guests to enjoy beautiful days and evenings by the sea, as well as Athens’ cultural and historical attractions, just a half an hour away.
Glyfada a south coast suburb is just 8 minutes away and offers excellent shopping, as well as Athens’ best golf course. Its position along the coast allows easy access to the most exclusive nightlife of Athens, restaurants and cafes.
|Vouliagmeni Beach||0.5 km||4 min||–|
|Astir Beach||0.5 km||4 min||–|
|Vouliagmeni Town Square||1.0 km||15 min|
|Vouliagmeni Marina||1.0 km||20 min||4 min|
|Krabo Beach||1,2 km||21 min||4 min|
|Glyfada Shopping District||5.0 km||–||8 min|
|Elliniko Metro Station||10.2 km||–||16 min|
|Voula Tram Station||6.6 km||–||10 min|
|Athens International Airport||24.0 km||–||30 -40 min|
|Athens Centre||20.0 km||25-35 min|
|Acropolis & Museum||20.0 km||25-35 min|
|Piraeus Port||22.5 km||30-40 min|
|Sounio – Temple of Poseidon||51 km||50-60 min|
- Visit The Acropolis & Acropolis Museum
- Walk around the old city of Athens in Plaka. See the changing of the guards at Syntagma Square, souvenir shop and eat a take away gyro from Thanassis
- Buy Greek sandals from The Poet (Mellissinos) in Plaka
- Fine dine with a view of the Acropolis in the evening
- Visit The National Museum of Athens
- Buy yourself a Greek ‘Mati’ charm (Evil Eye) to protect yourself from negative energy
- Have a coffee in Kolonaki
- Eat Greek food the Greek way…lots of small plates of starters, hot and cold and then some fish or meat. Try Loukoumades – Greek Donuts!
- Enjoy your swim in the therapeutic and natural spring waters of Vouliagmeni Lake or opt for a swim the famous Astir beach with its crystal Aegean waters
- Stroll the Riviera with a gyro in hand from the famous Zaxos grill
- Go hiking behind the Lake of Vouliagmeni
- Dine like a local at the many seafood Tavernas in Kavouri
- Shop at Glyfada and have a freddo coffee in a local trendy café
- Cocktails at the Marina of Vouliagmeni
- Watersports at Astir Beach
- Need some more historical sites to add your trip….Day trip to Sounio
- Not enough time to Island hop, visit the Island of Hydra for 1 day
- Dance at a nightclub? Island Club Restaurant is the most renowned
- Nightclub in all of Athens and just 10mins away.
- Hire a yacht and tour the Athens Riviera
We are situated about approximately 30 min away from the Airport.
Hotel to airport shuttle service is not available however we are happy to assist you with getting here.
We can arrange a taxi, limo or minivan for you. The driver will hold a sign with your name and will be waiting for you at the arrivals section. Send us your travel details to email@example.com
Taxi from Airport station
You could always pick up a taxi from the taxi stand at the airport from the Arrivals area, close to where the Airport buses depart.
Bus - Public transport
Regarding transfer by bus, you could embark on bus X96 and disembark at Glyfada Square. Tickets cost 5 euros per person and are valid for 1 way. From that point you would have to change to the local bus (number 117) which stops only a few metres away from the main hotel entrance. You could also change to bus 170 or 122 which stops about 100 metres away from The Margi. Tickets cost 1.40 euros approx, per person and are valid for 11/2 hour.